Sunday, March 3, 2013

Review: The Dead of Winter by Jack Night

Hi all! finished this a while ago and wrote the review before I got sick but just now realized that I did not post this!



I have to admit I loved the book.  I give it a 4.5 out of 5

The story line was great and unique (in all my reading wanderings, only one book has came close to the background story this book offers)  It had me right at the beginning.  As soon as I started reading it, it took everything I had not to read it all at once. The characters where believable, and you kept hoping nothing would happen to them.

Everything in my imagination kept trying to figure out what was causing the "events", I have to give this author credit for making me wonder right up to the point I found out the truth.  Great Job Jack!

I read outside a lot, waiting for my ride to and from work, and I smoke out side too.  I always take my tablet with me (it has both Kindle and Kobo on it) and it lights up so need to carry a light.  When I am reading I have a habit of forgetting where I am and talking out loud or gasping (and on a few occasions  have had tears running down my face)    Well this book had me gasping or talking to it.  Have had a few funny looks until I explain what I am reading. LOL!

I kept  waiting for what was to come next.  Trying to guess what was going to happen and to whom.  Most of my guesses where wrong but I was not disappointed.  I loved the story line and the characters.  The writer gave you enough information on each one to have you hoping yours would make it.  Right up until the end.

Now the reason I gave it 4.5 out of 5 is because when it ended I felt like I had missed something in the book.  Now I am not sure if it was something I missed or if it was there at all.  I do intend to read the book again some time in the future, maybe I will see what I missed.

In my opinion, if you like thrillers, read this book, it is well worth it!

Aj
books@fortheloveofalicesfamily.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Visitors