Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Something different: Elected Endeavours of Emperors by Dorian Grey

 I know haven't posted much lately but still working on the sword of truth series (can not seem to read fast enough), but it is not the only thing I have been reading.  Found this little gem, actually my sister told me about it, seems I know the author, thought you might like something different to read, poetry, but not in the traditional sense.  I found it very entertaining and know will have to read again in the future just to see how the meanings will change for me.  I love those kind of books, ones that change as you do.

Elected Endeavours of Emperors by Dorian Grey


This is the review I wrote for Amazon.com:

Something different

Poetry is a wonderful thing, and there are so many styles, each different and unique.  I found this book very thought provoking, not something you can just read quickly and put away.  It makes you think.  There are a few errors in the book but considering it is his first and may not have realized that someone other than the writer should check for errors.  There are 3 chapters:  1 To The World, 2 To My Lover 3 Till Death.  I have to say my favorite poems in this book are Her Stiletto's (chapter 1), Ironic Street(chapter 2) and Endless Maze(chapter 3).  There is a good possibility that they will change the next time I read the book.  This is the kind of book that needs to be read more than once, since how you interpret the poems will also change as you grow. So in my opinion you should get the book, read a bit each day or when you want something to think about instead of life, just for a little while. I will look forward to his next one!  I am sure as he grows so will his writing.  Plus love the cover!

Alice M

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Visitors